Temple Emanuel is a proud member of Chai Mitzvah, a program to enhance Jewish engagement. Like a book group, we meet monthly with text-based source books on Jewish topics. Each person in the group builds their ‘Jewish Bucket List’ by completing 5 steps throughout the program:
- Meet monthly with the Chai Mitzvah group to discuss the monthly sourcebook topics
- Adopt or deepen a ritual or spiritual practice
- Identify something to learn
- Engage in a social action project of your choosing
- Celebrate the Chai Mitzvah journey with a certificate of completion; a tree is also planted in Israel to honor your journey.